I've Moved!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

egg toast cups.


I don't usually cook. Or maybe more accurately, I can't cook. I always tell people that I'm so inept at cooking that whenever I try I either burn the food, burn the pan or burn myself. I'm not exaggerating.

I think it's also not cooking per se - I'm just not enamoured with the idea of making savory food. Sugar all the way please! The only times I would deign to make something outside of desserts is when the recipe in question is quite interesting and fun to create. Like these toast cups.


The fact that they're so simple to make is another huge draw. Just butter the bread, snip it up into four triangles, arrange or more realistically, smush, the bread into buttered ramekins, put a bit of cheese on top, crack an egg, put more cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake. It's so easily done that I feel almost foolish for typing out a recipe for these but here you go!

P.S. I have instagram so go check it out!


Egg Toast Cups
makes 2 servings

2 slices of bread, buttered
2 eggs
cheese, as much as needed
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter two 6-ounce ramekins.

Cut the buttered slices of bread into 4 triangles each. Smush 4 triangles into each ramekin such that there are no gaps at the bottom. Place some cheese on top of the breads slices. Crack an egg into each ramekin. Top with more cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake for about 15 minutes or until eggs are just set.

1 comment :