I've Moved!

Monday, August 22, 2011

sig's cinnamon-filled, spiced cupcakes.


I know most of us have a to-bake list, right? And we may actually get down to baking something off that list in say, 1 month? But how about this: these cupcakes have been on my to-bake list for...

1 year.

Not 1 month, not 1 week, hell no not just 1 day. 1 year.

1 year's worth of anticipation. Can you imagine? That's why I was friggin' excited about these.

I guess not all cakes are created equal, because they were such a disappointment


1 year's worth of disappointment...




I mean, taste-wise, they were fine. Not spectacular, but I seriously dig the buttery cinnamon-y filling. I think what really puts me off is the texture. They were too dense for my liking but the real reason is that chewy crumb from the oats. I mean, a chewy cupcake? Erm...

If you want, you can still check out the recipe here, but I strongly advise you to change the cake recipe. I would definitely use that filling idea again though!

1 comment :

  1. I love those cinnamon cup cakes so much, why you don't some kind of cream above them? it would be so nice.

    ReplyDelete