I've Moved!

Monday, August 29, 2011

guilt-free brownies.



There are just some times when I can't take it anymore. I need...

Chocolate.

And lots of it. 

I woke up this morning thinking only of that C word and nothing else. If only I had such dedication to exercise. 



I wanted chocolate and I wanted it now. But I didn't want to attack a chocolate bar, what I craved for was a mammoth, dense, rich, in-your-face slice of chocolate cake. Too bad I couldn't magically produce one in 1 hour, because that was the maximum amount of time I was willing to endure for my chocolate fix.

Luckily, there are always good ole' reliable brownies to turn to. And it just so happens that I had a low-fat brownie recipe I wanted to try.



Now, don't scoff at the name or its nature. This is so freakin' delicious that even I can't believe it. It's fudgy and chewy and chocolaty and all the other scrumptious words that end with "-y". Granted, it's not as rich as your regular brownie, but it matches them in taste. Of course, it also means that you can reach out for another piece...

So as I sit here and type away with a couple of squares within arm's reach, with the clarity of one who has just woken up, all I know are two things: don't overbake them and this recipe kicks some serious brownie butt.



Almost Fat-Free Fudge Brownies
slightly adapted from egglesscooking.com

3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8 x 8 inch pan with aluminum foil. Lining the pan is a very crucial step to getting your brownies out of the pan humanely. Please don't skip this.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients.

In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Stir in applesauce, brown sugar and vanilla extract.

Add the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and mix until just combined. Add in the water until it comes together looking like a cake batter.

Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, erring on the side of underdone. Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool in the pan for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove them from the pan and cool completely on a rack. 

Linked to Tuesday Talent Show, Cast Party Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked, Full Plate Thursday, Sweet Treats Thursday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Fat Camp Friday, Sweets for a Saturday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday and Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

10 comments :

  1. This recipe looks amazing! Please join in on the fun and come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow to share this tasty recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am with you I need them right now, excuse me while I go to the kitchen and make a pan of these. Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low fat and chocolate you got a great combination. thanks for sharing. New follower stopping by from the Dessert Linky party.
    Hope you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds delicious! I'll bet they really hit the spot. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so in love with these! I can get my brownie fix without feeling terrible about it.

    Thanks for stopping by sweet tooth Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love brownies, but I can't get over how much butter and sugar goes into them! My brother loves them too, but he kind of turned his nose away when he saw me making them last time... Your low-fat version sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. guilt free?! Love it! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES PLEASE!!! These look amazing- and if they are guilt-free . . . bring it on! I know how you feel about needing chocolate- I am the same way!! Thank you for sharing this at our Strut Your Stuff Link Party! We hope that you will join us again tomorrow!!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Webmaster,

    We are interested in exchanging links with your site.  
    We have a Google Page Rank of 3 and 1000 unique users a day.

    If you are interested in Link partnership with us… 
    Please add our link to your site with my link information given below and send me the URL where you have placed my link OR Send us your link details if you want your link to be placed on our site first.

    Here is our linking information:

    Title: Brownie Recipe
    URL: http://www.browniepower.com

    Please e-mail your response or any questions to: holly@browniepower.com

    PLEASE DON'T CONSIDER THIS EMAIL AS SPAM MAIL. 

    Thanks & Regards
    Holly Tucker
    Holly@browniepower.com

    ReplyDelete