I've Moved!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

jumbo creme egg stuffed chocolate chip m&m cookie.


Okay, so I made these cookies with two objectives in mind. One, to test out this chocolate chip cookie recipe that seems pretty popular and two, to see what would happen to creme eggs when they're baked.


I guessed, hoped, that they would bake up super gooey and melty but well, as you can see, the artery-clogging hydrogenated fats injected into these thumb-sized chocolate eggs did an outstanding job in keeping their shape intact. I mean, it would be totally yay if we had to eat them as they are- they wouldn't turn into unrecognizable mush at room temperature, but they don't function very well as a chocolate chip substitute.



The cookie itself, I dunno, it has been too long since I last ate a chocolate chip cookie to do a comparison so I can't really tell if it is better than all my other renditions of the chocolate chip cookie or not. What I can say though, is that these cookies baked up really nice and puffy. Beautifully circular too. If I must pass a comment, I would take the risk and say that the chocolate chip cookies I made containing browned butter had a deeper caramel flavour than these.


At the end of the day though, there is hardly such a thing as a bad chocolate chip cookie, non?


P.S. I honestly wish that the colours of the M&Ms wouldn't run.


Jumbo Creme Egg Stuffed Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie
adapted from here
makes 8

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup M&Ms
8 Cadbury creme eggs

Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together.

Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.

Divide the dough into 8 portions. Wrap each portion of dough around a creme egg. Chill the dough until firm, at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Bake for 13 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

3 comments :

  1. I love the sound of these, your cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious - I absolutely love Creme Eggs so will definitely be trying these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete