I've Moved!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

baked banana oatmeal.


I customized Heidi's baked oatmeal recipe to come up with this- baked banana oatmeal for one! And that's not all. Because I scaled it down so much, I wasn't willing to crack open an egg to use just 1/3 of it. Big. Mistake. Yes, note the capital M. I've not had baked oatmeal before but I guess the uniqueness of it is how the oats don't go soggy and mushy when cooked. Instead, it takes on a sort of soft oatmeal bar texture. As I left out the binder, the egg, my oats remained soggy and mushy. Not that I didn't like it. I happen to like those textures, strangely enough.

Another thing I did was to leave out the butter. I did it because I was lazy to melt 10g of butter. And of course, I used only bananas instead of bananas and blueberries. I topped it off with some walnuts too.


Next time, I would use a shallower dish so that there would be more exposed surface area to get a nice crunch. P.S. Broil it to get it extra crunchy. This is really delicious for something that's so wholesome!

No comments :

Post a Comment