I've Moved!

Friday, June 17, 2011

chocolate sea salt focaccia.


Chocolate enhanced with a little pinch of salt can't really come across as shocking news anymore, but here's something that I've yet to try- olive oil. What I did was to simply plaster on a thin sheet of dark chocolate after the focaccia has come out of the oven, still warm and allow it to gradually melt as opposed to returning a chocolate sandwich to the oven. After that, I sprinkled some coarse salt and topped the whole square of with a slight drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.

I think its safe to say we all know what salt does to chocolate- it strengthens the intensity of the chocolate and elevates it to a whole new level. Even if you have not tried, very straightforwardly, a chocolate bar applied with salt, think about how a chocolate cake always tastes better with some salt in the batter or even how salted caramel is so intense and flavorful as compared to normal caramel. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But how about olive oil? I think it adds a savoury smoothness to the chocolate, as well as enriching it. It's something you have to try for yourself.

No comments :

Post a Comment