I've Moved!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

nutty sea salt cocoa bark.

It's been way too long since I made a crisp cookie. The last time I made one was... sometime? Anyway, this tuile-originated idea ignited my love for crispy cookies again.

Yup, these were actually cocoa tuiles, but transformed into an ebony slab as per Alice Medrich's suggestion. It was a variation with added nuts, parmesan cheese and sea salt, but I left out the cheese because me and cheese? No-no. 
 Yet another genius inspiration on sweet and salty! So there you were, munching on an what seems like an innocent shard of a chocolate bark then suddenly, a little salt comes into play, and it elevates the chocolate flavour. These are by no means the most intense chocolate cookies my fussy taste-buds have come across, but I couldn't help but wonder if I should make them again. This time, dipped in bittersweet chocolate. 
Oh yeah? Is that a great idea or what? And I should probably turn them into tuile cones as adorable little containers for ice cream! Vanilla bean flavoured only.

If you like to know the recipe, hop over here! I apologize deeply- I'm to lazy to type out the whole recipe.


Oh by the way, do any of you know how to combine pictures together? As in like four pictures in a big rectangle? If you do, please leave a comment. Much appreciated!

1 comment :

  1. This link should answer your question: http://www.foodbloggersunite.com/home/2010/5/12/format-images-using-css-code-for-more-creative-control.html

    ReplyDelete