I've Moved!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

pierre herme's macarons- balsamic.


I like weird and funky creations because it's always a surprise when you taste them. Like these balsamic macarons. Some of you may wrinkle your nose in disgust and wonder what on earth is it doing inside a macaron but the moment I saw the recipe, it was already bookmarked in my head.


But you need not worry- these macarons aren't the experiment-gone-wrong kind of funky. In fact, I really like them. The pairing of chocolate macaron and white chocolate balsamic ganache is somewhat similar to the dark chocolate and raspberry combination. In other words, delish.




When I made the ganache on day one, I honestly thought that it would be horrible. The balsamic smell was quite strong, and although the book stated that ideally, we should use a special 25 year old one from Modena, I forged on because I'd never get that fancy balsamic vinegar anyway and I really wanted to try this macaron.


Luckily, the overpowering vinegary smell faded the next day, probably because the ganache was chilled. When I bit into it, it was the perfect tartness with a lingering hint of balsamic. This just might vie for first place with the pistachio macarons.

So, ketchup macarons next time? 

9 comments :

  1. where's the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that recipe in the book and new immediately that I wanted to try it, partly because I love balsamic vinegar. I was a bit wary about splurging on aged vinegar, so expensive! It's good to know that it works without that, however. Your macarons turned out gorgeously :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon> I'm sorry but I think I'm not supposed to post the recipe without permission so I didn't.

    emilialiveslife> Thank you! Please do try that recipe. It's really unique and totally scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound great and look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your macarons look so incredibly perfect and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how your swirled tha ganache onto the shell lol

    Sweet Sarah french macarons and more
    sweetsarahshop.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking macarons! I had Pierre Herme's balsamic macarons while in Paris and I say it was very good. I've yet to attempt to make my own balsamic version. Yours look great though and I'm sure they taste delicious as well!

    ReplyDelete