I've Moved!

Friday, November 7, 2014

favorite belgian waffles.

dessert - favorite belgian waffles

Hey everyone! I managed to find a small pocket of time amidst the hectic studying to make breakfast today so since such occasions are rare these days, I decided to go all out and make waffles! I think it must have been at least a year since I used my waffle maker and I had to spend at least 15 minutes restoring it to a sparkly clean condition. I'll spare you the details.


This is my favorite recipe for waffles to date because they're fluffy but not overly so (waffles that are too airy aren't very satisfying in my opinion) and they have a great buttery flavour. They also aren't too eggy, which I think we all agree is a very important point, so there's no need to pour in buckets of vanilla extract.

And as always, I topped my waffle off with a scoop of ice cream! Yes, ice cream for breakfast. Because there's never an inappropriate time for ice cream in my books. 



Favorite Belgian Waffles

adapted from here with slight modifications
makes 8 waffles

2 cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
3/4 stick butter, melted and cooled (or use a 50-50 ratio of butter to oil if you don't like your waffles too buttery and rich)

Mix the dry ingredients together. Whisk the wet ingredients together and pour into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined and set aside while you preheat the waffle iron.

Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron once it's ready and bake according to the manufacturer's instructions. 

4 comments :

  1. Can't wait to give these a try! Added to my "must make" list. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking an interest in these!:)

      Delete
  2. I just listened to a podcast about waffles and am now so interested in them. I have been wanting to try a proper Belgian waffle and these look like a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do try this recipe! And have some ice cream with them too ;)

      Delete