I've Moved!

Monday, September 12, 2011

blueberry milk.

my first picture of me on the blog! well, my hands, that is

Blueberries are my favourite berries. When you get the good ones, they're so goood. And their colour is beautiful too!

Inspiration struck when I saw this post, and I proceeded to the kitchen to whip up my own blueberry milk. I only had dried blueberries, so I made up my own proportions. Plus, I even added some cornstarch to thicken the milk because thin milk never does it for me. Except for cereal.


Blueberry Milk
serves 1

2 to 3 tbsp dried blueberries
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp cornstarch
3/4 low fat milk

Combine the blueberries, water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook it until the blueberries have softened up and the mixture is reduced and syrupy. Mix in the cornstarch until dissolved then pour in all the milk. Bring to a boil again for a few seconds. The milk would thicken slightly, then pull it off the heat. Let it cool and refrigerate until completely cold for maximum enjoyment!

P.S. The milk will have a skin so if you don't like it (why?!), use plastic wrap to cover it, ensuring that the wrap touches the surface of the milk.

1 comment :