I've Moved!

Monday, March 4, 2013

peanut madness chunks.


I. Cannot. Believe. It. I missed National Peanut Butter Lover's Day?! Okay fine, I'm no American but the love for peanut butter knows no bounds right? This is unacceptable. I must post something peanut-butter-ish. And posting I am.


If you were to brandish a knife at me and ask me how I really feel about these cookies, I would say that they do not have enough peanut butter flavour. Peanut, yes. But peanut butter, no. (Well, I guess that's why they are called peanut madness chunks, not peanut butter madness chunks. Wait, does that even make any sense?) Are they delicious cookies though? Yes.


Barely 5 minutes out and warm from the oven, the cookies sport an outer ring of crispiness while remaining soft and gooey in the middle. There are more add-ins than dough in these cookies so a lot of the gooey comes from the chocolate chips too.


P.S. Anyone else wondering why cookies with more mix-ins than dough seem to have longer baking times than cookies with more dough than mix-ins? The mix-ins don't have to be cooked, y'all. The dough does! Er, theoretically.


Peanut Madness Chunks
makes 27 cookies
adapted from Baking by Flavour

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
9 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp shortening (I replaced with butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole unsalted peanuts, toasted
18 (0.6 ounces each) Reese's peanut butter cups, roughly chopped and refrigerated (I substituted half the equivalent with chocolate chips)

Whisk the flour, cream of tartar and salt together.

Beat the butter and shortening together until smooth and combined. Add the sugars and beat until pale and fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter and egg until incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the peanuts and peanut butter cups until evenly distributed.

Refrigerate the dough for 15 to 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.

Scoop 2 tbsp-mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving a 3 inch border between. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until just set with pale golden edges. Cool on the baking sheets.

1 comment :

  1. You're not american? I'd love to learn more about you! You should at least make an about me page with pictures and everything. Not to be a creep. I just like to get to know the writers behind the blogs!

    ReplyDelete