I've Moved!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

strawberry, orange and cardamom eclair.


Oh boy. My disappointment with the book is growing.


What this eclair is suppose to comprise of is a thin layer of orange marmalade at the bottom, followed by lightened pastry cream, slices of strawberry and then a piped layer of cardamom custard.

I only managed to get three of those elements into the eclair because the cardamom custard wasn't thick enough to pipe. Only 1 sheet of gelatin was used for the custard, which volume amounted to between 1 to 2 cups. I should have raised doubts before even embarking on this recipe. Foolish me merely carried out the instructions to the letter.


In the end, I had a bowl of soupy cardamom custard which I could not use to fill my eclairs. I wasn't going to waste it, so I portioned it into tiny jars with slices of strawberries. Then I placed the jars of custard back in the fridge to be consumed the next day.

Thankfully, my mascarpone that went into the custard didn't go to waste. While I couldn't detect any cardamom, the custard was creamy and lightly cheesy. Total yums when paired with tart fruit.

No comments :

Post a Comment