I've Moved!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

chocolate chip cookie dough truffles.



"Nobody eats cookie dough for breakfast!"


Well, technically, there are such people. Because I just did.

Do you feel this gravitational pull towards your screen? I'm sure you do. Don't lie. Lying is bad for your nose. And if you do, your nose will taste the truffles before your mouth does. See? What better way to teach little kids the lesson of honesty?

Searching for a chocolate chip cookie truffle recipe isn't hard. They're everywhere! But majority of them uses sweetened condensed milk and I didn't want to because that won't be a true cookie dough. So I finally found one from Baked Perfection and tweaked just one thing. Instead of brown and white sugar, I used all brown sugar. And I think upping the salt just slightly would bring out the flavours better. I bet browning the butter would kick ass. Try it and make me drool!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pops
adapted from Baked Perfection

makes 20

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt + maybe a bit more
dash of cinnamon
1 stick butter, softened (it is even okay if it is melting a little) *why not try browned butter?
3/4 cup brown sugar (was initially 1/4 cup white and 1/2 brown)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips



Extra chocolate for dipping, melted


In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, and dash of cinnamon. In a second larger bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Roll the mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Chill for several hours or freeze for 15-20 minutes until firm. Dip liberally into melted chocolate.

Pardon the horrendous dipping. I'm not the world's best dipper. Sure, they're ugly truffles


But they're my ugly truffles.

2 comments :

  1. I'm so impressed with your blog!

    I made these truffles for my 14 year old daughter a while back and she loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Everyone loves cookie dough:)

    ReplyDelete